October 19, 2022
We are happy to announce that big release for KoolReport products have been available. This release contains many improvements to the library and it worths your upgrade.
KoolReport Core has been improved its datasources for better connection. The library was also equipped with optional PHP
generator mechanism to reserve resources to handle large data report. In previous version of KoolReport, we may experience some notices when working with PHP 8.x but now all are gone.
KoolReport Pro and its packages
Together with release of the core, KoolReport Pro also reached version 6.x with the upgrades of many packages:
- Amazing 2.1.3: Handle dashboard framework theme
- Inputs 6.2.0: Upgrade client library and fix bugs
- QueryBuilder 3.3.0: Fixed issue in from() methods
- ChartJs 3.2.0: Ability to handle chart's onClick events and able to use inline plugins.
- Charttable 1.3.0: Ability to transpose table with flexible column names
- Cube 3.5.0: New methods like count distinct, count not null and sum distinct.
- Datagrid 7.7.0: Smart searching mode, complex header labeling.
- Excel 10.5.1: Fixed bugs, adding footer with aggregating methods
- Pivot 9.0.1: New methods like count distinct, count not null, new computations property for Pivot2D
New AppStack theme
Amazing theme, we have provided a new theme called
AppStack. The theme has been added into KoolReport Pro that you can try out now.
Dashboard Framework 4.x
This new version of Dashboard Framework contains so many improvements that you should upgrade:
- Dynamic themes: The theme now can be set during runtime, it opens the possibility for users choose the theme that they like.
- Dynamic languages: Able to let user choose their preferred languages
- Multi pages: Can have more than one page with different menu system.
- FlexView: A new widget of Dashboard that can hold and show different views.
- InlineEditAction: New action for admin panel that allows resource be edited right on table
- Compability: Working with latest PHP 8.x version.
Read our Dashboard 3.5 to 4.x upgrade notes.
Thank you very much!
<3 koolreport team
November 17, 2021
We are very happy to inform that the Q4-2021 releases have been available. In this releases, we have a new core KoolReport together with 12 new package updates. We will go through each packages' update and note that the biggest change will be at the end.
KoolReport core 5.5.0 has been releases with ability to use PDODataSource to update/delete data with
execute() method. This extent comes from the demand of not just fetching data but also updating database. We added new process called
Forward which basically act as a forwarder to branch data with conditions. There also a small update to Google Chart in which the chart can accept more than one annotation text. The last update comes from Table in which we make the
removeDuplicate property work with both column names and column orders.
In Chartjs 3.0.0 we introduce Timeline chart which is very useful for representing multiple events' time range. Another big update is multiple axes support. Now users can add multiple Y value axes for multiple data series.
With Charttable 1.2.0 we fix a common bug with "columns" property to make Charttable behave similarly to Table or DataTables widget.
In CloudExport 4.0.0, we update the underlying chromeheadlessio/php-client package to prepare support for a near future release of a local cloud export server running in Docker.
Popular DataTables's version 7.0.0 has a new property called
groupCellsInColumns) which groups/merges verticaly adjacent cells with the same value. It is somewhat similar to row group but has a different visual format which many users like. Many client side functions for expanding/collapsing/toggling row groups, row details are implemented as well. Option for setting a custom ajax url when using server side processing is added as
A new excel widget,
Pivotmatrix, is added in Excel 9.0.0 besides various fixes.
PivotMatrix is nearly similar to
PivotTable except for a slightly different and improved excel layout.
Export 5.1.0 introduces a
serverLocalAddress option in case a report server can not access its report resources (js/css/images/fonts/etc) via its domain name and must use a local address like "localhost" or "127.0.0.1".
In Morris chart 3.0.0, we present strong customization server-side options for hover and format templates.
Pivot 8.1.0 brings solid fixes like aggregates' auto meta data, a property name typo (impressively, we know) to an already full-featured package.
DateTimePicker have been fixed a big bug related to calculating this month timeframe. The CheckBoxList and RadioList also are improved with changing bootstrap.
QueryBuilder is working just great, only received a small bug fix in generating delete query which happens in very rare case. Thanks to our beloved customer Michael to spot this issue.
Stepping from version 2.0.0 to 3.0.0, Dashboard has been put under a huge operation with many improvements and bug fixes. There were about 50 changes recorded in our changelog for version 3.0.0.
The biggest feature in Dashboard is the Admin Panel. With this feature, you can construct a beautiful admin panel to administer your data, your application operation or even your business. Writing only few lines of code, you can implement a full CRUD system to admin your resources. But it does not stop there, CRUD is just a basic feature of it. Admin Panel is very flexible that allows you to define your own list of glasses to view your data in different angles, to construct your own data filtering and to build your own actions on each piece of your data. Building on top of powerful KoolReport Pro and Dashboard Framework, Admin Panel is the best of both worlds: A powerful admin panel and an advanced KPI dashboard system. And not to forget, Admin Panel is developed as a part of Dashboard Framework so if you have Dashboard Framework license, you have Admin Panel features available NOW.
View Dashboard & AdminPanel's Demo
In this new version, we have provided the Excel and CSV exporting capability as our promise to you from the last version.
It is hard to list all changes here, for details you can have a look at our Dashboard's changelog.
Although we incorporated many new features into Dashboard Framework, we maintained a solid backward compatibility so you feel free to upgrade to new Dashboard 3.0.0.
Our road map
Despite of the Covid-19 epidemic crisis, our team have successfully managed our constant releases to make sure that bugs are fixed, new features are available, support requests are solved. Our next plans & products for 2022 will be:
- Continue improving KoolReport and its packages
- Perfect the Dashboard Framework: new capabilities, new themes .etc
- Construct Dashboard Builder, a drag and drop GUI to construct dashboard & admin panel.
- Dockerize our Chromeheadlessio service to provide on-premise PDF generator solution.
- Provide off-the-shelf OLAP solution.
Thank you very much!
<3 koolreport team
August 27, 2021
Welcome to KoolReport's rumor channel. Today I will tell your some secrets about their products that you may not know.
First: KoolReport Core 5.1.0 was released
The new version 5.1.0 was released with improvements such as better datasource functionality, PHP8 compatibility together with some minor bug fixes. It is actually not a rumor, I just took the information from their change log.
Second: Many packages got updated
I heard that together with new version of KoolReport Core, many packages got updated:
- Amazing 1.7.0: Fix browser console warning
- BarCode 2.1.0: Able to save barcode to file
- CloudExport 3.0.1: Able to looking for resource link within CSS file
- ChartTable 1.1.0: Remove the resource-dependency of ChartTable on other packages so that it can work alone
- ChartJs 2.5.1: Smoother plugins integration
- D3 1.6.0: Working better at client-side
- DataGrid 6.0.0: Great enhancements for clientRowGroup and server-side searching functionality
- DrillDown 3.5.0: Ability to set global scope variables
- Excel 8.5.0: Adding "removeDuplicate" feature to Table and fix issue of number formatting in Excel
- Pivot 8.0.0: Add ability to initiate silently and shown on-demand.
- Query Builder 3.0.0: Now able to generate call procedure
- VisualQuery 2.0.0: A complete makeover from version 1.0
The above upgrades of the core and packages make the new KoolReport Pro 5.7.0. They maintain strong backward compatibility so we can feel free to upgrade to latest version.
Third: A new and more powerful Dashboard Framework 2.0.0
I also heard the Dashboard Framework has gone through a BIG surgery from version 1.0.0 to much more powerful v2.0.0 with more than 50 changes. Its best new features are:
- Extend datasource connection to SQLite and Oracle
- Improve debugMode to show unexpected error
- Adding Logging system that able to report issue via multiple channels
- Improve Metrics behaviors
- Integrate full text search into Dashboard table
- Bring new widgets on board: DrillDown, PivotTable, D3 and ChartJs
- Ability to call procedure from datasource
- Incorporate DetailView into widget and let user view data behind any charts
- Increase the flexibility in settings property with anonymous function
- Able to export dashboard or widgets to PDF
Beside, I heard the next version of Dashboard will have a big feature to help us manage our application's database. The name of it was not yet confirmed BUT it is promised to be the most flexible built-in CRUD+. Despite of all improvements took or will take place, someone told me that the price of Dashboard Framework will not change whatsoever. Can you believe it?
Alright, that's all for the rumors!
Have a great day and looking forward to seeing you in the next episode.
<3 koolreport team
November 12, 2020
We would like to inform that we have released new version KoolReport 5.0.0 with enhancement and bugfixes. Together with the new core, we also release upgrades for Pivot, Excel, Export, DataGrid, CloudExport and two new packages VisualQuery and ChartTable.
KoolReport 5.0.0 still keeps the same structure as 4.x. That is a good news as the update will be fully backward-compatible. In this version, we added two new processes called
TypeAssure. The Count process can help to make count with condition while TypeAssure process will make sure your data's native type correct. The DataStore class has been provided with
getScalar() method to get the first value in first row in the store, which is very helpful in many cases.
We have provided two new packages called VisualQuery and ChartTable. Both packages are aiming at creating ad-hoc reports. Ad-hoc report by definition is "a business intelligence process in which dynamic, real-time data reports are created by the user on an as-needed basis". So VisualQuery allows end-user to construct their own query by using GUI while ChartTable helps to visualize queried data in different data visualization charts based on end-user's choice. This is the first version of two new packages so there will be many improvements in near future, and your suggestions, recommendations are very much appreciated.
The following packages offer huge updates with improvement and new features:
DataGrid now supports fast rendering up to 100 000 rows, multi-level row group with grouped values, and row detail expand/collapse setting.
Excel can export tables with multi-level row group with grouped values.
Export allows for fully customized headers and footers. Different pages can have different header/footer programmatically via headerCallback and footerCallback functions.
Pivot has a new process called PivotSQL which uses sql aggregate functions, thus works faster for large sql datasets than the normal Pivot which loops through all data rows.
CloudExport adds another export engine in PhantomJS beside headless Chromium and WkHtmlToPdf. PhantomJS's pdf rendering might not be as beautiful as headless Chromium or as fast as WkHtmlToPdf but it has a special advantage in fully customized headers and footers.
Above are just some highlights of some important release notes, we also have new releases for Input 5.6.0, QueryBuilder 2.5.3, Amazing Theme 1.5.0, BarCode 2.0.0 with more details in the changelogs.
Thank you very much!
P.S: Our team will bring you the beast, KoolReport Dashboard Framework in next month.
May 18, 2020
Recently, Google has updated its Charts library. As a result from this update, your chart may not render properly and could receive error while rendering. We acknowledged the issue and has acted fast to provide the hot fix in new KoolReport 4.7.0. Please upgrade!
In this version, we provided some other updates to make sure everything working great. First, the KoolReport's resource manager is improved to better generate resource folder. Second, KoolPHP Table is enhanced with added average calculation in footer and with the fix of row click event in the header of table.
Together with new core
4.7.0, we released KoolReport Pro 4.7.0 with new package's updates:
2.1.1: Upgrade ChromeHeadlessio core to support multi language and font load.
3.1.0: Adding finalValue property for custom aggregation
4.0.0: Ability to load plugins
7.2.0: Fix bugs, more excel chart's options, upgrade core MS PHPSpreadSheet.
4.1.0: Adding default parameters for pdf() method.
2.5.1: Able to rebuild query from array data.
6.3.0: Adding finalValue property for custom aggregation
Thank you very much!
<3 koolreport team