There are some rumors that you may want to hearAugust 27, 2021
Welcome to KoolReport's rumor channel. Today I will tell your some secrets about their products that you may not know.
First: KoolReport Core 5.1.0 was released
The new version 5.1.0 was released with improvements such as better datasource functionality, PHP8 compatibility together with some minor bug fixes. It is actually not a rumor, I just took the information from their change log.
Second: Many packages got updated
I heard that together with new version of KoolReport Core, many packages got updated:
- Amazing 1.7.0: Fix browser console warning
- BarCode 2.1.0: Able to save barcode to file
- CloudExport 3.0.1: Able to looking for resource link within CSS file
- ChartTable 1.1.0: Remove the resource-dependency of ChartTable on other packages so that it can work alone
- ChartJs 2.5.1: Smoother plugins integration
- D3 1.6.0: Working better at client-side
- DataGrid 6.0.0: Great enhancements for clientRowGroup and server-side searching functionality
- DrillDown 3.5.0: Ability to set global scope variables
- Excel 8.5.0: Adding "removeDuplicate" feature to Table and fix issue of number formatting in Excel
- Pivot 8.0.0: Add ability to initiate silently and shown on-demand.
- Query Builder 3.0.0: Now able to generate call procedure
- VisualQuery 2.0.0: A complete makeover from version 1.0
The above upgrades of the core and packages make the new KoolReport Pro 5.7.0. They maintain strong backward compatibility so we can feel free to upgrade to latest version.
Third: A new and more powerful Dashboard Framework 2.0.0
I also heard the Dashboard Framework has gone through a BIG surgery from version 1.0.0 to much more powerful v2.0.0 with more than 50 changes. Its best new features are:
- Extend datasource connection to SQLite and Oracle
- Improve debugMode to show unexpected error
- Adding Logging system that able to report issue via multiple channels
- Improve Metrics behaviors
- Integrate full text search into Dashboard table
- Bring new widgets on board: DrillDown, PivotTable, D3 and ChartJs
- Ability to call procedure from datasource
- Incorporate DetailView into widget and let user view data behind any charts
- Increase the flexibility in settings property with anonymous function
- Able to export dashboard or widgets to PDF
Beside, I heard the next version of Dashboard will have a big feature to help us manage our application's database. The name of it was not yet confirmed BUT it is promised to be the most flexible built-in CRUD+. Despite of all improvements took or will take place, someone told me that the price of Dashboard Framework will not change whatsoever. Can you believe it?
Alright, that's all for the rumors!
Have a great day and looking forward to seeing you in the next episode.
<3 koolreport team