KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.

Drilldown in DataTables #1025

Open Rajesh opened this topic on on Aug 1 - 2 comments

Rajesh commented on Aug 1

Hi Koolreport,

I have already implemented your table drilldown package which works pretty good. I was wondering if it is possible to implement the same on DataTables. I tried to use your DataTables package and changing the "Table" class to "DataTables" in the report.view.php file. After the change, I am able to see the first level Datatable which works fine but drilldown does not work on it. Could you please let me know if I need to make any other changes to make drilldown work on DataTables?

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Rajesh commented on Aug 7

Hi Koolreport,

Could you please respond to my question?

Thanks,

Rajesh.

David Winterburn commented on Aug 9

Hi Rajesh,

For drilldown to work we need to use a widget's client events. I think DataTables' event names are a bit different from Table. If you use row select for drilldown, please try the following code for DataTables' select event:

DataTables::create(array(
    "options" => array(
        "select" => true,
    ),
    "clientEvents"=>array(
        "select"=>"function(e,dt,type,indexes){
            //your drilldown code
        }"
    )

Let us know if this works for you. Thanks!

KoolReport Is Free and Open-Source!

KoolReport is a professional php reporting framework which saves you tons of time to construct dynamic data report & dashboard.

• Connect to various datasources such as MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB or even from CSV or Excel file.
  • Contain series of powerful built-in data processes for your data manipulation.
  • Generate stunning charts and graphs to help you communicate data insights to your audiences effectively.
  • Integrate seamlessly with any php frameworks such as Laravel, CodeIgniter, Symfony.
Download Now and register our tutorials to get started!

Download KoolReport
help needed

DataGrid