KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

PDF export inline styles not showing and tables crossing page boundaries #694

Open gkurl opened this topic on on Feb 19, 2019 - 9 comments

gkurl commented on Feb 19, 2019

Hello KoolReport team.

Thank you for your help so far in issues. This should hopefully be a quick one. I am able to export PDF's now but none of my in-line CSS styling seems to be appearing? Some of the bootstrap styling seems to be non-visible as well like the table-stripped hover border (the slight dark grey colour you see on some rows)

HTML version:

Exported version

Also tables and possibly other charts when used seem to be going over the page boundaries as seen here:

I have tried changing DPI and zoom but it does not produce desired result - current DPI I have set to 150.

Also the page numbers are not appearing when using

<footer style='height:30px'>
            <span>Page {pageNum}/{numPages}</span>
        </footer>

Please let me know.

Thanks.

KoolReport commented on Feb 19, 2019

About the the footer, please change to use div inside it

<footer style='height:30px'>
    <div>Page {pageNum}/{numPages}</div>
</footer>

It is because of media print inside bootstrap that disable the stripped color. They are doing so to save ink in print. Please see the solution here.

gkurl commented on Feb 19, 2019

Thanks for reply - yes the media print solution worked thank you. The page numbers however still do not appear even after changing to a div.

What about table boundaries? The inline styling for blue background is also still not appearing - is that bootstrap print related also?

Try this to see how:

<div class="page-footer" style="text-align:right">{pageNum}/{numPages}</div>

About the blue background, yes it is because of bootstrap. Please apply the same concept to change the css for media print.

gkurl commented on Feb 20, 2019

Yes thank you - this worked :D Ok last issue is the table overflowing across pages - how do we combat this?

gkurl commented on Feb 21, 2019

Hello KoolReport team - any updates on this please?

KoolReport commented on Feb 22, 2019

Do you mean the header of table does not show on next page or you do not want the table to cross page.

gkurl commented on Feb 22, 2019

Table to cross the page please :) and I guess the header of the table on each page the table can appear on would be very useful also.

KoolReport commented on Feb 22, 2019

There are something you can do to make table fit into a page:

1. Minimize the page margin
  2. Try to reduce the font-size of table
  3. Apply the css to the cell of table to reduce the padding top and bottom and also make text height shorter.

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

Export