KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Difference between Instant Package and Pure PHP #681

Open OMAR GONSENHEIM opened this topic on on Feb 15, 2019 - 2 comments

OMAR GONSENHEIM commented on Feb 15, 2019

I am trying to integrate KoolReport to a single page application called EspoCRM (Backbone front end, PHP backend) but do not understand the difference or advantages of using the Instant package or just following the Pure PHP instructions.

In the Instant package tutorial it says that Widgets can only be used within the KoolReport environment, however the Pure PHP instructions do just that. I would greatly appreciate any guidance.

KoolReport commented on Feb 15, 2019

Hi Omar,

Thank you for asking. It was back to the time (version 1 and 2), widgets needs to be setup within view of KoolReport in order to work. So we create the Instant package to overcome this issue. Later on, in the version 3.x of KoolReport, we was able to make widget work without the Instant package. So now, you do not need Instant package to make widget work in any environment whether pure php or inside other frameworks.

We still keep the Instant package because some of our users are using old version of KoolReport and Instant package also provide some useful feature such as Single Page report or Exporter.

Hope that my answer is clear.

Regards,

OMAR GONSENHEIM commented on Feb 15, 2019

Very clear, thank you so much for your immediate response !

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
None yet

None