KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Invalid Download Zip-Files #565

Open Cord opened this topic on on Dec 19, 2018 - 11 comments

Cord commented on Dec 19, 2018

Hey guys,

great stuff!

However none of the zip-files can be unzipped on MacOs due to "Operation not permitted".

The main tar.gz can be opened, but trying to open subfolder a subfolder says "Can't be opened because you don't have permission to see its content.

/cord

KoolReport commented on Dec 19, 2018

This is a known issue that we have not found solution for that, however we do provide the taz.gz file along with the zip so that you can open on Mac. You may the tar.gz format next the the download button on Get started page. Two other options are (1) Download from Github and (2) use composer command.

thanks for your quick reply! as written the tar.gz fails as well, but the composer command works.

Is there a different way to download the packages?

You can go here

https://github.com/koolphp/koolreport

hit the [Clone or download] and choose [Download zip]

For koolreport's examples, please go here

https://github.com/koolphp/koolreport-examples

Let me know if it works.

Seriously we need to find solution for zip file on Mac, we use a gulp-zip to zip the library and there are very limited source why this issue happens.

Another solution to open the zip file is to use the Unarchiver for Mac but of course we know it is too troublesome for users.

Regards,

I was able to install using composer.

But I want to download packages from https://www.koolreport.com/packages

I tried The Unarchive (lastest version) with same result: Error 1 - Operation not permitted

Can you publish the free packages on github?

Actually using Forklift -> show Archive contents I am able to open the zip archive

That's great.

I see packages must be placed into /vendor/koolphp/koolreport/packages which is not nice as the vendor directory should be maintained through composer only (some PHP hoster do not allow to upload the /vendor directory but composer.json only).

so would be great if we could use composer to add packages as well - or if we could configure where packages should be located (outside of /vendor)

Yes, that's what we would like to do as well however there are some non-free packages so we had to do by this way. We are exploring the private package hosting of packagist if it could provide us the way to manage license for non-free packages.

good stuff!

Adriano Ceccarelli commented on Dec 26, 2018

Hi! I bought the pro version and I did not find the .tar.gz file to download because the zip is in error Thanks

KoolReport commented on Dec 26, 2018

@Adriano: I have emailed you the link to download.

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

None