KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Repo.koolreport.com not showing recent versions #3354

Open Nick Mason opened this topic on on Oct 15 - 6 comments

Nick Mason commented on Oct 15

Hi,

We use KoolReport Pro via composer, and I'm trying to upgrade to the most recent version. The most recent version I can see is 6.5.0:

$ composer require "koolreport/pro:6.6.2" --dry-run --with-all-dependencies
./composer.json has been updated
Running composer update koolreport/pro --with-all-dependencies
Loading composer repositories with package information                                                                                                                                                                                  Updating dependencies
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
    - Root composer.json requires koolreport/pro 6.6.2 (exact version match: 6.6.2 or 6.6.2.0), found koolreport/pro[4.0.0, ..., 4.7.1, 5.0.0, ..., 5.16.2, 6.0.0, ..., 6.5.0] but it does not match the constraint.

Installation failed, reverting ./composer.json and ./composer.lock to their original content.
$

I get the same error for 6.6.1 and 6.6.0. I can see on the index of the repo that it lists 6.6.2 as the latest, but composer isn't picking that up.

I'm using PHP 8.3.12, composer 2.8.1 on Debian bookworm.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sebastian Morales commented on Oct 15

Please generate a new token for auth.json and try composer again and let us know the result. Tks,

Nick Mason commented on Oct 15

Thanks for the reply. I just regenerated the token and get the same error:

$ composer config --global http-basic.repo.koolreport.com <<my-email-address>> <<new-token-here>>
$ composer require "koolreport/pro:6.6.2" --dry-run --with-all-dependencies
Running composer update koolreport/pro --with-all-dependencies
Loading composer repositories with package information                                                                                                                                                                                  Updating dependencies
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
    - Root composer.json requires koolreport/pro 6.6.2 (exact version match: 6.6.2 or 6.6.2.0), found koolreport/pro[4.0.0, ..., 4.7.1, 5.0.0, ..., 5.16.2, 6.0.0, ..., 6.5.0] but it does not match the constraint.

Installation failed, reverting ./composer.json and ./composer.lock to their original content.
$

What is your license type for KoolReport Pro and when did you buy or renew it? Any license other than the perpetual one will only allow updates for 1 year from the buying/renewal point.

We confirm your license is able to update to the newest versions and are looking for reasons why composer doesn't get the latest versions.

After checking we can see that your latest token '7dab2e00e46ba1e385667525f2d951d2b1104d05719f0e48955186xxxxxxxxxx' is able to pull KoolReport Pro version 6.6.2.

I would suggest you clear your composer cache and run composer update/install again with that token. Rgds,

Nick Mason commented 7 days ago

Hi,

Thanks for the replies - they sent me down the right track to solving the issue. I'm guessing it was something to do with the composer cache - it worked ok when I ran it within a fresh docker container, as opposed to running it on my host dev box. Here's a list of commands which might help somebody else in the future:

$ docker run -it --rm php:8.3-cli /bin/bash
[...]

root@85b373bb6205:/# mkdir app; cd app
root@85b373bb6205:/app# curl -o /usr/local/bin/composer https://getcomposer.org/download/latest-stable/composer.phar ; chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/composer ; apt-get update ; apt-get install unzip git libzip-dev libpng-dev -y
[...]

root@85b373bb6205:/app# echo '{ "repositories":[ {"type":"composer","url":"https://repo.koolreport.com"} ] }' > composer.json
root@85b373bb6205:/app# composer config --global http-basic.repo.koolreport.com <email> <token>

root@85b373bb6205:/app# /usr/local/bin/docker-php-ext-install zip gd
[...]

root@85b373bb6205:/app# composer require "koolreport/pro:6.6.2"
Running composer update koolreport/pro
Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies
Lock file operations: 75 installs, 0 updates, 0 removals
  - Locking bacon/bacon-qr-code (2.0.8)
  - Locking carbonphp/carbon-doctrine-types (3.2.0)
  - Locking chromeheadlessio/php-client (1.4.0)
[...]
  - Locking koolreport/pro (6.6.2)
[...]

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
solved

Dashboard