KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Drilldown hidden field #320

Open Michal opened this topic on on Jun 14, 2018 - 2 comments

Michal commented on Jun 14, 2018

Hello,

I'm wondering if there is a way to make some hidden field with value that is passed on itemSelect to the next drill. Let me explain that to be more precise. I've got database with some fields like: ORDER_NAME, ORDER_ID and so. I make first drill that counts sum of all quantities and values of orders. The chart looks really good (good job for you btw!). However when i'm trying to pass the value to the next drill i'm passing the ORDER_NAME (cause it is shown on the chart). When i'm querying the db with param name it ist not correct because the ORDER_NAME field is not unique. I would like rather to pass the ORDER_ID however if i do that - there will be no names on chart just the strange ids.

Also I've got one more question. Is there a way to save the param passed to the next drill as a permanent param? That I can use in the further drill? I'm passing the param: PROVIDER to next drill than I'm passing the NAME param and in the query i would like to use both params: PROVIDER (from first drill) and NAME (from second).

KoolReport commented on Jun 14, 2018

Dear Michal,

For your first question of ORDER_ID, I made simple wiki Make invisible column in Google Chart to hold important data that directly tackle your issue.

Second question: In the second level of drill down, you have $this->params["provider"] available, use it in the next() command to pass it together with selected name to the third level

Michal commented on Jun 15, 2018

Perfect! Thanks for your answer!

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

DrillDown