KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

How to add colSpan inside row (td tag) not in header(th tag) in KoolReport Table? #2846

Open Bung opened this topic on on Oct 9, 2022 - 6 comments

Bung commented on Oct 9, 2022

I am able to do header grouping and row grouping as in the documentation. However I am unable to group row cells for two or more columns. As in the attached screenshot, I want to implement the section for Sl. No. 2 (i.e. Cash Deposit), to have subcells or sub columns. I tried using "colSpan" inside "column" key but it has not effect, it is working only inside "header" key. How can I achieved it in KoolReport Table?

Bung commented on Oct 10, 2022

My Topic title seems incomplete. As I am unable to edit the Topic title, I am rewriting here again: How to add colSpan inside row (td tag) not in header(th tag) in KoolReport Table?

Sebastian Morales commented on Oct 10, 2022

How does your data show in the current Table? Pls post a screenshot. We need to know your data structure to see if it's possible to alter Table's visualization accordingly.

Bung commented on Oct 10, 2022

For this report, I have minimized the table structure. It is as in the attached screenshot

KoolReport commented on Oct 11, 2022

I think you table is very customizing.. so the best way is to make your own table. Now you have all data in the dataStore already, you can loop through each rows of data to make your own table.

Bung commented on Oct 11, 2022

Which database table structure do you suggest to achieve the same report structure? My concern is, in the report, row numbers from 5 to 9 have 6 columns whereas other rows as only 4 columns. So I as I said "colSpan" is not working in between rows, it works only in the headers. Correct me if I am wrong. So how do I achieved different columns for different rows assuming database table have the required 6 columns.

Sebastian Morales commented on Oct 12, 2022

I'm afraid we don't have any widget to display exactly like what you want. The nearest solution for your case is using Pivot process and PivotTable widget (possible with PivotTable-Bun template) to aggregate amount and show header, type, subheader.

https://www.koolreport.com/examples/reports/pivot/bun_template/

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

None