KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Issue using pipeIf #2759

Open David Piracini opened this topic on on Jul 19, 2022 - 1 comments

David Piracini commented on Jul 19, 2022

Hello. I am building a report class that has parameters passed in that determine which processes to implement upon the data.

In the example below, I would be able to do one of three things:

1. Send both the filter and sort variables, and it would apply both a filter and sort to the data.
2. Send one of the two variables, and it would apply either filter or sort to the data depending on which variable I     sent.
3. Send neither variable, and neither process would be applied to the data.

I am using pipeIf, but, since this is my first time working with this function, I seem to be having trouble getting it to work. In my example code below, assume the variables $example_query, $example_filters, and $example_sort_by are filled with correctly formatted data for that process.

I believe it is something to do with $node because I am not aware of what to pass for that parameter and I cannot find anything in the documentation that directly explains what $node is.

$this->src('example_data')->query($example_query)
->pipeIf(!empty($example_filters), 
        function($node, $example_filters) {
            return $node->pipe(new \koolreport\processes\Filter($example_filters));
        })
->pipeIf(!empty($example_sort_by), 
        function($node, $example_sort_by) {
            return $node->pipe(new \koolreport\processes\Sort($example_sort_by));
        })
->pipe($this->dataStore('example_report'));

This is the error that I am getting back when this code is run (ExampleClass is a stand-in for the class that I have made that extends KoolReport):

Uncaught exception: 
Too few arguments to function ExampleClass::{closure}(), 1 passed in filepath/koolreport/core/src/core/Node.php on line 103 and exactly 2 expected
Exception code: 0
File: filepath/ExampleReport.php
Line: 67
Sebastian Morales commented on Jul 22, 2022

The function inside pipeIf only has one argument ($node). If you want to use an outside variable pls try the use keyword:

function($node) use ($example_filters) {
            return $node->pipe(new \koolreport\processes\Filter($example_filters));
        }
        function($node) use ($example_sort_by) {
            return $node->pipe(new \koolreport\processes\Sort($example_sort_by));
        }

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

None