KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Unable to install the system I would be happy to help #2629

Open menachem opened this topic on on Apr 5, 2022 - 11 comments

menachem commented on Apr 5, 2022

I tried according to all the guides and it does not work Attach a video I would be happy to help https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nMJTebNBMXe_WAHZLR5J1xTYGn7txV62/view?usp=sharing

Sebastian Morales commented on Apr 5, 2022

May I know how you installed KoolReport Dashboard and KoolReport Pro? And pls let us know your server OS and web server types, PHP version. Tks,

cPanel Version 102.0 (build 8) Apache Version 2.4.53 PHP Version 7.3.33

How did you install KoolReport Dashboard and KoolReport Pro?

I tried using Composer and also by uploading the files I purchased and failed. I sent a video here >>https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nMJTebNBMXe_WAHZLR5J1xTYGn7txV62/view?usp=sharing

Pls clone our dashboard demo from this link:

https://github.com/koolreport/dashboard-demo

Then include path to koolreport/core/autoload.php in dashboard-demo/index.php:

require_once "../koolreport/core/autoload.php"; // make sure this path is correct

Then open dashboard-demo in your browser to see if there's any error.

[Application] App Message: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to MySQL server on 'sampledb.koolreport.com' (115) Line: 121 File: /home/chabadsh/public_html/mmf770app/app/koolreport/dbqstart/vendor/src/datasources/PdoDataSource.php Collapse #0: /home/chabadsh/public_html/mmf770app/app/koolreport/dbqstart/vendor/src/datasources/PdoDataSource.php Line 121 : construct(["mysql:host=sampledb.koolreport.com;dbname=dbautomaker","expusr","koolreport sampledb",null]) #1: /home/chabadsh/public_html/mmf770app/app/koolreport/dbqstart/vendor/src/core/DataSource.php Line 57 : onInit([]) #2: /home/chabadsh/public_html/mmf770app/app/koolreport/dashboard/sources/PDOSource.php Line 128 : construct([{"connectionString":"mysql:host=sampledb.koolreport.com;dbname=dbautomaker","username":"expusr","password":"koolreport sampledb","charset":"utf8"}]) #3: /home/chabadsh/public_html/mmf770app/app/src/App.php Line 55 : run([]) #4: /home/chabadsh/public_html/mmf770app/app/koolreport/dashboard/pages/Login.php Line 45 : demo{closure}(["demo","demo"]) #5: /home/chabadsh/public_html/mmf770app/app/koolreport/dashboard/TAction.php Line 37 : actionLogin([{},{}]) #6: /home/chabadsh/public_html/mmf770app/app/koolreport/dashboard/Page.php Line 60 : action(["Login",{},{}]) #7: /home/chabadsh/public_html/mmf770app/app/koolreport/dashboard/Application.php Line 217 : handle([{}]) #8: /home/chabadsh/public_html/mmf770app/app/koolreport/dashboard/Application.php Line 149 : handle([{}]) #9: /home/chabadsh/public_html/mmf770app/app/index.php Line 7 : run([])

It seems Dashboark is working. It's just a database connection issue. You can import the file dashboard-demo/data/automaker.sql to your local database and add the following "users" table with these information:

+----+----------+----------+-------------+-------+
| id | username | password | displayname | role  |
|  1 | admin    | admin    | Admin       | admin |
|  2 | demo     | demo     | Demo        | user  |

Then change login information in file dashboard-demo/src/AutoMaker.php and dashboard-demo/src/AdminAutoMaker.php to using your local database.

thank you very much. Now the demo works for me but how do I make it work for the pro as well? Of course I paid for it and have it on the server. Thanks

For creating report with KoolReport Pro pls follow this quick start guide:

https://www.koolreport.com/docs/quick_start/

If you see any problem pls let us know. Tks,

Thanks but still dashboard does not work. The pro does work but not the dashboard

I thought you just said dashboard-demo works for you. Just rename the directory and modify its files to create your own dashboard project.

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

Dashboard