KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

DateRangePicker - manual input #2221

Open Chris Sideris opened this topic on on Jul 21, 2021 - 2 comments

Chris Sideris commented on Jul 21, 2021

Hi there,

I'm using the default DateRangePicker (https://www.koolreport.com/examples/reports/inputs/intro/index.php) that's integrated with KoolReport. I want to allow my users to manually enter a datetime (in addition to the default option of DateRangePicker), but can't seem to find any documentation around it.

Can you help me out with this?

Sebastian Morales commented on Jul 22, 2021

Pls open the file koolreport/inputs/DateRangePicker.tpl.php and replace the following lines:

<div id="<?php echo $this->name; ?>" class="date-range-picker form-control">
    <input id="<?php echo $this->name; ?>_start" name="<?php echo $this->name; ?>[]" type="hidden" />
    <input id="<?php echo $this->name; ?>_end" name="<?php echo $this->name; ?>[]" type="hidden" />
    <div style="position:relative;">
        <i class="drp-icon <?php echo $this->icon; ?>"></i>
        <span></span>
        <b class="drp-caret <?php echo $this->caret; ?>"></b>   
    </div>
</div>

with this one:

<input id="<?php echo $this->name; ?>" name="<?php echo $this->name; ?>" class="date-range-picker form-control" />

But remember that when changing this the report's daterangepicker parameter would be a string in the format of {startDate} - {endDate} instead of an array of [{startDate}, {endDate}]. You would have to manually convert the range to start date and end date.

We will consider adding this as a template for daterangepicker so that users have more than one choice of UI. Rgds,

Chris Sideris commented on Jul 22, 2021

Thank you Sebastian, appreciate your help!

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
solved

None