KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Two filters on same datastore #2188

Open Richb201 opened this topic on on Jul 7, 2021 - 12 comments

Richb201 commented on Jul 7, 2021

Is this the proper way to have two filters on a single datastore?

"dataStore"=>$this->dataStore("BPlt")->filter("taxyear","=",$_SESSION['last_TY'])->filter("type","=",'BC'),
Richb201 commented on Jul 7, 2021

Don't bother to answer. I solved the problem in the same way I deal with 98% of the koolreport's issues.

Sebastian Morales commented on Jul 8, 2021

Of course, it's possible to use continuous (cascading) filter() on datastore because the result of a filter method is also a datastore object which has filter method. Rgds,

cfsinc commented on Jul 8, 2021

Richard,

If you find a solution to your questions, dont hesitate to post so we can all see it. If you end up solving most of your questions, thats great. I think we all spend countless hours learning and i end up posting maybe 1 time for every 10 things I have to figure out that takes a lot of time.

I see a lot of your questions and I think the reason many of them go unanswered or you dont get a good answer is because you dont post enough information?

My experience so far has been if I post enough information, I normally get a good response. Show all your code that has to do with the area you have a question about. Explain what you are trying to do and the outcome you are trying to get in as much detail as possible. There can never be enough detail when it takes time for the Team to respond. Also maybe other users will respond if you give enough detail. I would try to help people if they give enough detail and I have used the area they are asking the question about.

The KoolReport Team is on GMT+7 time zone. I live in Texas USA so their day is my night. Keep that in mind if you are waiting for a response. Also I always try and tip at least something when the team helps me. The $ icon to the right of their name. Yes we buy the license and support but there is no way with how affordable that is they have enough time to get to every forum question.

Wish you success my friend! :)

Richb201 commented on Jul 8, 2021

Thanks. Tip? I pay yearly for support. Why would I tip?

I don't know about you but when I pay for a service that is also offering free support I expect to get priority service as a paying customer, and not be asked for a tip. If you are in Texas, you would know that this is the way it works here in US. Tips are reserved for waiters. That is not what we have here.

I am a one man shop and the reason I bought Koolreport is to be able to get support to quicken my support issues with PRIORITY SUPPORT. Instead what I found is that the documentation is poor, as is the support. I trial and error my way through most problems. That takes a long time. TechS is helpful although slow and this project is becoming a professional embarrasment. I also use Codeigniter and FusionAuth and the support for both these, although free, is much better, as is the documentation.

I didnt say you had to tip. I said thats what I do when they save me hours of time.

My office is in Bedford Texas. I have purchased licenses for over 10 years and I purchase the perpetual license. I purchase the support and I tip so they stay in business because I need this product to stay relevant. The time it takes to support and create a product like this is tens of thousands of dollars and many years. I think what they charge for the product is a fraction of what its been worth.

Im part of a software development company moving from network administration to programming side. Im not a great programmer and much of what I am asking for in support is because of my inexperience in PHP. I think that is quite common in the questions here.

I hoped you would get more out of my comments and I only commented to try and help you. I wish you well.

Thanks I appreciate that. I have been a software engineer since graduation from BSEE school in 1985. Clearly PHP didn't exist then and I have used a number of languages and tools over the years, mostly for "realtime" applications.

its always good to have peers to coordinate with. I would try to help other people on here if I knew more. Its setup so we can help each other but we are all very busy and I dont want to derail someones question by trying to answer wrong. Much of the time it seems like most people dont give enough detail in their questions.

PHP has come a long way since 1995 when it was introduced and since version 7 is super fast. I know java pretty good but until I learn php good, its my own fault my days are 12+ hours trying to figure things out haha

I "hear you", after my EDL days (that was an IBM mini language used to connect to IBM maniframes) I programmed C for many years, first in OS/2 and then in Windows. I remember when Microsoft could only afford a 1/4 page display ad in the back of Byte magazine for their DOS. I eventually became an accountant (after 20 years in software) due to the "ever changing" language situation but never really stopped programming. I work for a federal agency as a software engineer. Right now I am working on an online application which I describe as turbo-Tax for a specific part of corporate taxation. It will be free for businesses to use and will be hosted on AWS. But, it is embarrassing to have to keep telling people "it is almost done". Bottom line I have a very deep software background although almost no one believes that.

I see your stuff is coming along. You got a lot of that css worked out too. Its looking good.

Thanks.

Once I get this up there, your company would of course be able to use it. No charge.

thats cool. Let me know when you have a model up and I will check it out. :)

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed
solved

None