KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Sort by date #2054

Open noa opened this topic on on May 4 - 7 comments

noa commented on May 4

Hey, I'm trying to use a Datagrid template, client_rowgroup I would love to know how to sort the date column sorted by date and not alphabetically

Sebastian Morales commented on May 5

What're values of your "month" column that you intended to sort by?

noa commented on May 5

Hi thanks for the quick reply. The values ​​I wanted to sort are strings of month and year as in the example above of February 2021 and April 2021 and I would like to know if there is a way to sort by date (if necessary I will change the format in the database to date and not string)

Sebastian Morales commented on May 5

Since the "month" column can't be sorted by its value, we need another column based on its value, which can be sorted. Pls try this code:

DataTables::create(array(
        "columns" => array(
            "standardMonth" => array(
            	"visible" => false, //no need to show this column
            	"formatValue" => function($row, $row, $colKey) {
            		$month = $row["month"];
            		$standardMonth = convertMonthYear($month); // use DateTime class to convert $month to standard date value, such as "2021-01-31", or just a simple year month "2021-01"
            		return $standardMonth;
            	}
            ),
        	"month" => array(
        		"data-order" => "standardMonth", //order this column by "standardMonth" column
        	)
        )
    ));

Let us know if you have any further question. Rgds,

Gal Engineers commented on May 5

Thanks again, I'm getting an error message: Fatal error: Redefinition of parameter $row from where he supposed to know all the params that the function gets?

Sebastian Morales commented on May 6

Oh, I made a mistake. Pls change this line:

"formatValue" => function($row, $row, $colKey) {

to:

"formatValue" => function($value, $row, $colKey) {

Tks,

noa commented on May 6

I apologize but now I'm getting a new error message: Thanks in advance for all the help !!

Sebastian Morales commented on May 6

I forgot to mention, this line is a mocked up code:

$month = $row["month"];
    $standardMonth = convertMonthYear($month);

It meant you'd have to write your own code to convert from your month and/or year to a standard date format string like "2021-01-31", which we use to sort by. I don't know exactly your original month date value so I can't give specific guidance.

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

None