KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

KoolReport is undefined #1956

Open Flemming Elleboe opened this topic on on Mar 9, 2021 - 6 comments

Flemming Elleboe commented on Mar 9, 2021

My path is being configured incorrectly. Instead of linking straight to our domain/koolreport_assets, it instead tries to link to my local folder, domain/Users/brandkast/.composer/vendor/laravel/valet/koolreport_assets. The koolreport_assets folder is in the Laravel public folder. KoolReport won’t load whatsoever because of this and I get a 404() for the KoolReport.js error and thus KoolReport being undefined.

This is on Mac.

Sebastian Morales commented on Mar 10, 2021

James, pls use our Laravel package's Friendship trait:

https://www.koolreport.com/docs/laravel/overview/#step-by-step-tutorial-step-1:-create-report-and-claim-friendship-with-laravel

or set the report's assets property yourself:

https://www.koolreport.com/docs/architecture/assets_settings/#overview

Let us know if you have any issue. Tks,

Flemming Elleboe commented on Mar 10, 2021

Yes, the Friendship trait is set up and I have also tried changing the asset path/url but it still stays '/Users/brandkast/.composer/vendor/laravel/valet/koolreport_assets'

Sebastian Morales commented on Mar 11, 2021

James, pls share your report's "assets" setting for us to check it for you. Tks,

Flemming Elleboe commented on Mar 11, 2021

Here is the assets setting:

Sebastian Morales commented on Mar 12, 2021

Do you see the js/css files copied to your Laravel's public directory's sub dir "koolreport_assets"? Please post your report's setting method as well. Tks,

Flemming Elleboe commented on Mar 12, 2021

Yes, they are in the public directory in koolreport_assets. For some reason, my local setup just seems to be trying to grab it from the path I posted above, though it works perfectly fine on the actual production site.

Settings:

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

None