KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Passing view to parrent php page using ajax #1802

Open syed opened this topic on on Dec 27, 2020 - 4 comments

syed commented on Dec 27, 2020

I have a main php page with two div. once the button in first div is clicked, it will call ajax query to my koolreport php view and display the output in second div. It displays the table data but. the graphs are not rendered on main page. Please tell me how to achieve this. Thanks

David Winterburn commented on Dec 28, 2020

Hi Syed,

Probably a subreport could help in your case. Please take a look at this example and modify it to what you like:

https://www.koolreport.com/examples/reports/others/subreport_demo/

syed commented on Dec 28, 2020

Thanks for your valuable feedback. However this option is only available in Koolreport Pro version and not in free distribution.

KoolReport commented on Dec 28, 2020

No Syed, the SubReport is available in community version. It is one of the core feature. Only Inputs package in example is not in community version.

So basically, you set up a main report which in its view, there are two divs as you did. One of the div, you put your button and the second one you render a subreport. To update the sub report (on button click), you do:

subReport.update("content_subreport",{
            "param":"any of your param",
        });

Hope that helps.

By the way, if you consider purchasing KoolReport Pro, it will be great. We have promotion now which you can save huge, the promotion will be available until Dec 31st.

We are looking forward to serving you.

syed commented on Dec 28, 2020

Thanks for your input i will give it a try. I am interested in buying the developer package for the time being. However my concern is about the performance and efficiency of kool report when dealing with huge data

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
None yet

None