KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Working on linux #1795

Open Amr opened this topic on on Dec 25, 2020 - 14 comments

Amr commented on Dec 25, 2020

i've tried to work koolreport on linux enviroment but it didn't work at all what should i do???

KoolReport commented on Dec 25, 2020

KoolReport should work on linux, it could be another reason that prevented code from executing. May I know the error?

thx, i got it working on linux, no problem except export it says "Could not execute phantomjs in /var/www/html/koolreport/koolreport/export/Handler.php:68" i've downloaded the phantomjs linux and put it in folder /var/www/html/koolreport/koolreport/export/bin, made permission 777 for all Koolreport folder and my report folder N.B i'm working on raspberry pi as web server

KoolReport commented on Dec 25, 2020

It is not the permission for folder but the permission to execute for phantomjs file. Please set it to 755 or 777. Let me know if it works.

the permission is set to 777 or 755 no difference, here is the typical error if can make any sense to you " Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: Could not execute phantomjs in /var/www/html/koolreport/koolreport/export/Handler.php:68 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/koolreport/koolreport/export/Handler.php(275): koolreport\export\Handler->runPhantom('/var/www/html/k...', '/tmp/5fe61c440b...', '/tmp/5fe61c440b...', 'eyJmb3JtYXQiOiJ...') #1 /var/www/html/koolreport/sale report/index.php(50): koolreport\export\Handler->pdf(Array) #2 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/koolreport/koolreport/export/Handler.php on line 68"

i've tried working with cloudexport it didn't work too, gave me lot of this error messages: "Warning: file_get_contents(http://192.168.1.59/koolreport/sale%20report/7fbbf5c44b32b33abe39f384f0594337.js): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found in /var/www/html/koolreport/koolreport/cloudexport/vendor/chromeheadlessio/php-client/src/Exporter.php on line 187 "

i've reviewed forum post #135 same situation but it is not clear what was the solution

KoolReport commented on Dec 26, 2020

Probably the linux on raspberry pi need to install phantomjs via apt-get. Please try to install it by this way. Most of the time, copying the phantomjs file and set permission is all needed to make it work but we witness cases need to be installed like my suggestion. After installed, you can set the installed phantomjs path in extra settings.

Amr commented on Dec 26, 2020

dear I've installed phantomjs via apt-get and changed the path to in setting but still can't execute even i run it from terminal,

Amr commented on Dec 26, 2020

Dear All i've lost days trying to make this thing works, as it is essential for me and have dead lines so please try to help me in more efficient way ... NOW i have two problems: first of all export to pdf didn't work at all because it can't execute phantomjs, work around i tried to use export to cloud it didn't work too, as it saves tmp files in a folder inside tmp folder and in zip inside the tmp, when it tries to get contents of theses file it fetches the working folder not the tmp folder which only has the zip file please help me to get out of this ASAP

![](https://cdn.koolreport.com/assets/images/editor/c5/image5fe76950d8959.jpg)

KoolReport commented on Dec 26, 2020

Let me consult the dev.team

KoolReport commented on Dec 27, 2020

About phantomjs, I found some place people build phantomjs for raspberry pi, for example here. It could be because the official build of phantomjs does not work on arm chip of raspberry pi.

About the issue of cloudexport, I will come back tomorrow.

David Winterburn commented on Dec 28, 2020

Regarding the warning message:

Warning: file_get_contents(http://192.168.1.59/koolreport/sale%20report/7fbbf5c44b32b33abe39f384f0594337.js): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404... 

Can you open the link http://192.168.1.59/koolreport/sale%20report/7fbbf5c44b32b33abe39f384f0594337.js or some similar js src file on your browser?

Amr commented on Jan 2, 2021

Dear All I'm still having problems with PDF export, both google charts and chartjs export missing charts in pdf though the rest of report is showing well this is the case even with your example as shown in previous posts David regarding cloudexport the js files doesn't exist in this folder it is located inside folders inside tmp folders and inside zip files- please see attached picture, i don't know what makes the program fetching the file in a wrong place kindly try to help me to find a solution or the package will be useless for me

David Winterburn commented on Jan 4, 2021

Hi,

Please post your report's setup and pdf view for us to have a check. Thanks!

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
None yet

None