KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Emaling Reports results #1753

Open paulo opened this topic on on Dec 8, 2020 - 2 comments

paulo commented on Dec 8, 2020

Hi, I am using Laravel and running reports using this great framework. What's you recommendation to email reports ? I have a report that filters by date, and I'd like to email every month this report pre-filtered by the dates of the month. This would just to avoid repeating the code and creating email templates. What do you recommend ? Convert to PDF on the server and attach ?(is it even possible?) Last time I tried to convert to PDF , I had some issues, but I can re-open this if that is what you recommend.

any help on how to accomplish that is appreciated. thanks

David Winterburn commented on Dec 10, 2020

Hi Paulo,

If your users can not access your reports on browser of course exporting report to pdf and emailing them would be the way. In case you have any problem with export to pdf and save as a file on server don't hesitate to let us know.

In case your users could access the reports another solution could be emailing them your report links with predefined GET parameters so the reports' inputs could be set initially. Thanks!

paulo commented on Dec 10, 2020

thank you for your suggestion. I didn't try the get parameter - I will try that first and see if users are ok, it makes sense this way ! Thank you

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

None