KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Export package is not working well. #172

Open web developer opened this topic on on Dec 18, 2017 - 8 comments

web developer commented on Dec 18, 2017

Hi Koolreport,

I purchased the pro package for mainly PDF export function. I tried to run sakila_rental export sample in examples, so I can see sakila_rental view page working well. But when I clicked "download PDF" button in a view page, exported PDF was almost a blank PDF. Sometimes, it is used to generate a PDF without a column chart. What's the problem? I am using Windows OS and apache2 and php5.6.15. Please, help me to fix this issue in export package usage asap.

Regards Justin

KoolReport commented on Dec 18, 2017

That's strange. I will tell the dev.team try to mimic your system and do testing.

Hi KoolPHP,

Also, sakila_renta export sample sometimes generates a PDF almost completed, but chart in the middle of view page doesn't show good. How can I upload my screenshots? I am not sure why sakila_rental export example is generating a empty PDF in most of cases or sometimes a PDF without a chart or almost completed but the chart in the middle of page have the wrong css. Help me fix this trouble asap.

Regards, Justin

KoolReport commented on Dec 18, 2017

In the editor, there is "camera" image, which you can click to upload image.

I am trying to upload a few my screenshots. 1. for sakila_rental view page

2. for a blank pdf

3. for a pdf without chart

4. for a pdf with wrong chart css

Hello KoolPHP,

any updates for my issue yet?

web developer commented on Dec 20, 2017

Hello KoolPHP, I think my issue on export package is a critical bug for a real usage. When can I get a solution from you? Sorry for my pinch, I am under the time press. I'd like you to solve this issue asap.

KoolReport commented on Dec 20, 2017

Hi,

Please open the koolreport/packages/export/pdf/pdf.js, looking for this line (in 291)

if(curentTimestamp-lastTimestamp>1000){
                renderAndExit();
            }
            else{
                checkReadyState();
            }

Do you see the 1000 value, this is the milliseconds which Export package will wait before it decides to end and render to PDF. So you can increase this value so that Export wait more so that all resources can be loaded. We put it 1000 which is 1s, may be you can put 3000.

The problem is like when we load an website on server, there are many factors affected the speed of loading, server power, bandwidth so sometime we need to wait more until the page rendered. However, if we put the waiting time too much, it will slow down the rendering PDF.

Hope that my explanation helps.

web developer commented on Dec 20, 2017

One more question. Why chart in the middle of pdf exported is breaking? "chart" in sakila_rental page looks good but not good in generated pdf, why?

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

Export