KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Built KoolReports within a Laravel App and works great locally. Deployed to Azure and no KoolReport objects appear. #1461

Closed Larry Schultz opened this topic on on May 27, 2020 - 7 comments

Larry Schultz commented on May 27, 2020

This may be licencing (I have not purchased yet). Built some example reports locally then deployed to Azure for my colleagues (with $$$) to evaluate/check out. No error messages, but only HTML/Laravel objects display and no KoolReport objects appear. If this is licencing issue that's 'cool' - I won't try to fix.

David Winterburn commented on May 28, 2020

Hi Larry,

It's definitely not a licence issue because KoolReport core framework and a lot of its packages are totally free.

I would say there might be some difference between your local environment setup (web server, PHP version, etc) and the Azure's one. Please turn on error/notice/warning messages on your Azure environment to see if there's a problem. It's hard to solve it without output messages.

Larry Schultz commented on May 28, 2020

app running on Azure WebApp-Linux example error with this line - failed to load resourse 404() <script type='text/javascript' src='/vendor/koolreport/core/src/clients/core/KoolReport.js'></script>

thinking it might have something to do with how these are spec'd:

require_once __DIR__."/../vendor/koolreport/core/autoload.php";

use \koolreport\widgets\google\Histogram;
use \koolreport\amazing\Theme;
use \koolreport\clients\Bootstrap;

looking at site with FTP all folders and files appear in place, wwwroot/vendor/koolreport/core

David Winterburn commented on May 29, 2020

Hi Larry,

Since your Asure's server forbids outside access to the vendor folder and KoolReport's client resources (css, js) stay inside vendor/koolreport so client browsers can not load them. To solve this problem please set the assets property in your report's settings method:

https://www.koolreport.com/docs/architecture/assets_settings/

This property would allow KoolReport to copy the css and js files to a temporary folder where clients could load them. Please try this and let us know how it works for you. Thanks!

Larry Schultz commented on Jun 1, 2020

Still can not get Koolreport objects to appear. Also added:

use \koolreport\laravel\Friendship;

There is a \public\Koolreport_assets folder but even using assets directive in Setup does not work.

KoolReport commented on Jun 1, 2020

May I see your url? If you reluctant to share here, please email to us at support@koolreport.com

Larry Schultz commented on Jun 3, 2020

This has been resolved with help from KoolReport.

• install Koolreport with Composer
  • don't need . . . . require core/autoload.php because loaded with composer . . . require /vendor/autoload.php
  • use use \koolreport\laravel\Friendship; inside report class.
KoolReport commented on Jun 3, 2020

That's awesome :)

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
solved

None