KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Link to new table view with same search criteria. #1073

Closed Rooze McKelvey opened this topic on on Sep 3, 2019 - 2 comments

Rooze McKelvey commented on Sep 3, 2019

Scenario:

User searches for a project ID and views a project summary page. Navigation allows for also viewing other aspects (tasks, tickets, etc) of that same project. How can I build the navigation so that it goes to the desired page for that same project?

Thanks.

Eugene commented on Sep 4, 2019

Hi,

What do you mean saying "Navigagtion"?

But if I understood your case correctly you can use formatValue property. If I need that a part of the table output was a link I do something like this:

"formatValue" => function ($value, $row) {

return "<a  href='../tasks.php?project_Id=" . $row['project_Id'] . "'target=\"subreport\">$value</a>";

},

with $row variable you can get access to all your data in the current row, I think project id must be in your data row so you can use it to pass project id to the subreport.

Or if you have project_Id as a parameter from some input control you can use this parameter anywhere in your report including your navigation control.

Rooze McKelvey commented on Sep 4, 2019

Thanks; don't know why I struggled with that so much yesterday! Makes perfect sense today. :-)

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
solved

None